James Clements

Darmowe legalne utwory do sciagniecia | Legal tracks given for free

James Clements

Postprzez Saimon » 26 wrz 2007, 21:26

Ekskluzywne prezenty od Pana James'a : )

ASC (Del Mar, United States)

Obrazek

Aliases: ASC, Intex Systems,

Labels: Covert Operations, Nu Directions, Vibez, Camino Blue, Good Looking, Make:Shift, Theraml, Testflight, Warm Communications and many more...

BIOGRAPHY

Very few artists can lay claim to the amount of diversity ASC shows. Although his forte is primarily drum & bass, ASC has never restricted his music to one particular style or genre.

Growing up in Wolverhampton, London, and Bradford England, UK, James absorbed a wide variety of music and took his first steps into production and DJing at the age of 15. By 16 he had secured weekly shows on local pirate radio stations, and began to sequence music with a friend using the Atari ST and the Commodore Amiga tracker packages. Soon enough he started playing small venues and later invested in a modest studio setup with his then studio partner Future Link. As the duo toiled away in the lab, building their production acumen and preparing to record demos, they were hit by a stroke of impossibly bad luck. While backing up the pair's progress with a ZIP drive, a virus unexpectedly wiped out the hard drive of their PC and all their music was lost. After a short break, James decided to go solo.

Bouncing back quickly from the crippling hard-drive mishap, James put together a 7 track demo in 1999, for Nu Directions and revered label; Good Looking Records. The former label picked up 6 ASC tracks right away, and the latter picked up the remaining track, which was rinsed for a lengthy spell by the legendary LTJ Bukem. With a firm basis now established and material beginning to get signed to a number of international labels, it was only a matter of time before Nu Directions decided to release ASC's debut LP. Paying homage to the massively influential group Future Sound of London, James decided to name his debut album Environments ; a reference to FSOL's unreleased and long lost album by the same name. In fact, FSOL were so inspirational to James that he shortly created a new project, Intex Systems, in the tradition of that group's cutting edge musical experimentation.

Under the guise of Intex Systems, James set out to write electronic music with no genre classifications. Subsequent drum & bass experiments were signed to NYC label Offshore Recordings, and a full length LP entitled Research & Development was released in 2006 on James' own Covert Operations imprint. Intex Systems is set to showcase the diversity and extent of James' production skills and represents his forays into soundtrack design.

Recently adding the Mindspan name to his production arsenal, this has become a project for all things deep within the minimal techno field. Already gaining momentum with this guise, this indicates the wide array of ASC's production skills and once again showcases his diversity.

Mutual respect between DJs and producers has seen James working with and remixing for veteran and new talent like Deep Blue, Blame, Psidream, Resound, Subwave, Future Engineers, Pariah, Deepflow, and G-Force. With his sound reaching far and wide, James has toured as a DJ across England, Australia, USA, Estonia, Hungary, Germany, Switzerland, and Belgium. If all this weren't enough to keep one busy, James also runs his own imprints, Covert Operations, and Cov Ops Ltd.

ASC napisał(a):I decided to put up MP3's of these tunes on my site over the weekend. Check the exclusives section if you want to snag a copy. Also, up there is my remix of Deepflow - Poseidon which was due to come out on Purified Audio before it folded.

Purified Audio 012 - Deepflow - Poseidon [ASC Remix]

http://www.cov-ops.co.uk/asc/exclusive/ ... mix%5D.mp3

More trouble at the mill. Purified Audio ceased to exist back in 2003, and just like True Intent 006, this was the next release up! Again, it got to the test press stage, but that's it. On the flip was a remix by Cedar, which I can't remember at all, not that it matters really. Anyway, here's another unmastered 320, which sounds a bit better than the 2 TI tracks - evidence that my mixdowns were improving!

True Intent 006 - Accusations / Dead Calm

http://www.cov-ops.co.uk/asc/exclusive/ ... ations.mp3
http://www.cov-ops.co.uk/asc/exclusive/ ... 20Calm.mp3

Both these tracks were written in 2001, and scheduled for release on San Francisco's True Intent label. Unfortunately, the label folded after release 005, due to musical differences between the 5 involved, with all 5 going off to persue other avenues of electronic music. I did get a test press of this, but that's as far as the manufacturing went, so since I'm asked about this release from time to time, I thought it would be a good idea to put some 320's on line for free. Before you get excited, the mixdowns are shit, and I really don't have the time or inclination to go and revisit these to remaster them just to give them away for free! So make do, and enjoy!

Podaje jeszcze raz linki gdzie możecie ściągnąć troche produkcji Intex Systems (dla tych, którzy przeoczyli) :

http://itxsys.cov-ops.co.uk/excl.html
http://asc.cov-ops.co.uk/excl.html

Enjoy!
Saimon

Postprzez CuBa » 26 wrz 2007, 22:07

ASC w miare dobrze znane, ale za to wielkie dzieki za Intex Systems. ostatnio pragnalem poznac druga strone tworczosci pana ASC, lecz za bardzo nie wiedzialem, skad sie zabrac za pobieranie czegokolwiek. slsk niestety za duzo o is nie wiedzial ;]

thx
CuBa

Viva Cuba Libre

Powrót do Darmowe Mp3